To implement Web Acceleration with 5centsCDN follow the below instructions:
First step in website acceleration is to verify your domain. You can verify your domain in Dashboard > Account > Domain verification.
- Click the green plus button.
- Provide the domain name in specified field (mydomain.com).
- Click the create button.
- In the redirected page, you will get Host, Value and TTL values. You need to add these values as TXT record in you DNS.
- Click the verify button.
You can refer below mentioned URL for more details about domain verification.
- Before enabling the CDN website acceleration, you need to create a Cname in your domain (eg: cdn.mydomain.com).
- Log into your Dashboard.
- On the left side, under Zones, click on HTTP and from the drop-down menu select PULL.
- Click on the Green Plus Button which is located at the top of the extreme right corner to create a new Pull Zone.
- Provide your origin server hostname under info (http://mydomain.com:port)
- Select HTTP in “Optimize for” option.
- Add the Cname in the field “Custom CNAMES” (cdn.mydomain.com).
- Scroll down the page and click on the Create button.
Success! Zone Created. Please wait till the deployment completes message will be displayed upon successful creation.
- After deployment completes, test the CDN using CDN Hostname pull-id.5centscdn.com which is under CDN Resource.
- Once all your tests have passed, point your DNS entry cdn.mydomain.com to the 5centsCDN hostname (i.e, cdn.mydomain.com to pull-id.5centscdn.com). Set a low TTL (5 minutes, 300 seconds) in case you need to switch back. Once you’ve confirmed everything is working, increase the TTL to 24 hours (86400 seconds) or more.
Cache Settings: – Under Cache, you can set the Cache expiry period as required and you can override cache control header
- Query String: This option will treat each of the uploaded files with Query Strings as a separate cacheable file.
- Ignore Cache-Control: Override Cache-Control header sent by the origin server
- Use Stale: This option will serve the expired content while the CDN is fetching new content or when the origin is down
- Revalidate contents: Edge server revalidate the content from the origin for each request
Origin IP resolution: You can configure your zone to use a different IP address for your origin server. To enable this feature toggle the slider to Enable mode.
Edge setting:- You can set the following features under edge settings,
- Compression:- Static files can be compressed using gzip compression to reduce bandwidth.
- Content-Disposition: – To download files forcefully.
- Strip all cookies:- To remove all Set-Cookies headers
- Add X-forwarded-For: – To add X-forwarded-For for HTTP header
- Add CORS header:- To allow cross-origin resource sharing
- Enable webp: To allow separate caching for webp files
- pseudostreaming: To enable pseudo stream seeking.
Origin Shield:- If you enabled this option Origin Shield will stand between your origin and our edge servers. Our unique origin shielding protects your origin server from a huge number of request from our CDN Edge Nodes. Our origin shield is deployed with complete redundancy to ensure stability, control, and security.
SEO: As you start using our CDN, your content can appear from different domains. Nothing wrong about that as long as the search engines have clarity about your content. If the content is not clearly declared, they will penalize you for duplicate content. We offer two options, both options fulfill the goal of not having duplicate content and are aligned with search engines.
- Add canonical header: – This option adds an HTTP header to cached objects on the CDN, telling search engines the location of the original file on your origin server. With this information, services like Google Image Search can link to the original source in search results, and avoid crawling the same content multiple times, saving you bandwidth.
- Robots.txt: – This is a text (not HTML) file you put on your site to tell search robots which page you would like them not to visit. Robots.txt is by no means mandatory for search engines but generally, search engines obey what they are asked not to do. Search engines check for a robots.txt file at the root of a site. If the file is present, they will follow the instructions but if no file is present, they will scan everything. We will not be enabled to see the file by default, meaning that everything will be indexed.
Manage Cache: This option will enable the user to purge the CDN cache for a given site. To do this click on Manage Cache. There you will have to options:
- Purge All: This option will purge every file from the site’s cache on the edge servers and gets rebuilt from the origin from next request.
- Purge Files: This option enables the user to purge Individual files from Edge Cache by specifying those files in the available Purge Tab.
Domain Lock:– This Feature restricts the Zones to be watched only on a particular website or domain so that there will be no unauthorized viewing and complete protection for your copyrighted content. You can also specify a particular IP on which the content can be played (Whitelist a particular IP).
Geo Block:– If your Content has to be restricted on a particular Geolocation or to be made available to watch only on a specific region, you can now decide the region of presence for your live content using Geo Block. Here you can also specify a particular IP range on which the streams can be allowed to be played or to be blocked.
Secure Token:– It is one of the strongest security features addon provided by 5centsCDN, which works on a secure authentication based method. Enabling this will make your content secure to a great extent. Secure Token works with a secure code which is generated randomly and end-user IP address, only incorporating both of these parameters the content could be played. The Token can be set with an expiration by adding Token Expiration (in secs)
SSL:– It stands for Secure Socket Layer is cryptographic protocol designed to provide communication security over the Internet. SSL encrypts the data being transmitted so that a third party cannot “eavesdrop” on the transmission and view the data being transmitted. Only the user’s computer and the secure server are able to recognize the data. Transfer using HTTPS will encrypt the data using a particular algorithm and the same algorithm is being used to decrypt the data on the receiving end.
- Shared SSL: -Shared SSL is free of cost SSL method provided by 5centsCDN, which will make your zone in HTTPS mode, without having to purchase your own SSL certificate. Instead, you will use our own SSL certificate on our server. To activate it select the SSL Type as Shared and click on the Save button.
- Custom SSL:– Custom SSL enables the user to install your own SSL Certificate, Private Key. You could upload the certificate that you will be receiving from your DNS providers. To activate it select the SSL Type as Custom and provide your Certificate (CRT) along with intermediate certificates (CA) and Private Key in the respective fields. Once you have done that click on the Save button
- Let’s Encrypt SSL : We have implemented Let’s Encrypt SSL option. You can simply enable this SSL and select the uploaded Cname from the list. The SSL deployment will take 4 to 48 hr of time.